If you’re a big fan of spicy chicken and even of a KFC Zinger, then this is a good alternative. It’s pretty simple to do, but very tasty.
4 x Chicken Breasts
1 x tsp Chili powder
1 x tsp Paprika powder
1 x tsp Cayenne pepper powder
1 x tsp Dried Oregano
1 x tsp Dried Thyme
1 x tsp Garlic salt
1 x tsp English Mustard powder
1 x Egg
Lots of dried breadcrumbs (Depends on the size of the breasts)
1. Start heating vegetable, or sunflower oil, in a deep fat fryer. Set it to 170C, or about 330F. If you haven’t got a deep fat fryer, you can heat the oil in a large wok.
2. Beat the egg in a bowl and mix the rest of the spices, along with the breadcrumbs, onto a separate plate
3. Cover the breasts in the egg and then cover generously in the spiced breadcrumbs.
4. Once the oil is at temperature, place the breasts in. Cook them for between 10-15 minutes and this all depends on how thick the breasts are. It’s worth cutting a piece off an frying on its own, to test the time and temperature, as you want the chicken to look golden brown/red and not too dark, once cooked.
5. Once cooked, dry on kitchen paper and then serve in a bun, with leaves and mayonnaise.
You can use this same process to cook legs/drumsticks/wings etc, for some great food. You can also go a little bit healthier, by cooking in an oven, at about 180C, rather than in a deep fat fryer. Either way, it’s VERY tasty.