This is one of those dishes that you seem to see in every series of Masterchef. In fact, to a certain degree, it should be banned from that programme!!
However, it is still a great dish and tastes fantastic, either as a start or a small main course. So bit the bullet, ignore the bad press (Probably started by me!) and enjoy!
8 x Scallops
100ml x Vegetable stock
1 x Large mug-full of frozen peas
1 x Shallot (Chopped)
10 x Fresh mint leaves
2 x Slices of Prosciutto
1. Boil the frozen peas for about 8 minutes, in the stock
2. Roughly chop the shallot and the mint leaves and add them to a blender
3. When the peas are ready, add them, with the stock into the blender and season with salt and pepper
4. Pulse the mix until it’s semi-smooth. It doesn’t want to be too runny
5. Fry the black pudding in a frying pan, for about 2 minutes, on each side
6. In a second pan, fry the scallops in butter, for about 1.5 minutes on each side
7. When the black budding is ready, set it aside and fry the prosciutto strips for about 30 seconds on each side
8. Plate up the black pudding, the puree, the scallop and the prosciutto
Well worth the effort!!