Why order delivery Pizza? You have to wait an hour, or so, it now costs a small fortune for a couple of people and chances are, you’ll be disappointed with the food. It’ll have the wrong toppings, or the right toppings, but not cooked right. It’ll have a soggy base maybe, or not be warm enough. It’s the risk you take with delivery food.
So, rather than taking the risk, head down to the supermarket, pick up a few ingredients and make your own. It’s very simple and pretty cheap. One run of this will give you enough for 16 mini (But not THAT mini) Pizzas.
1kg x White flour
3 x Small packets of yeast
1 x Pint of tepid water
1 x Big handful of basil (Chopped)
4 x Slices of prosciutto (Finely chopped)
10 x Slices of Chorizo (Finely chopped)
6 x Slices of Salami (Finely chopped)
1 x Jar of sun dried tomato paste
2 x Red peppers (Finely chopped)
4 x Red chilies (Finely chopped)
3 x Small Red onions (Finely chopped)
2 x Large Mozzarella balls
1 x Large plate of grated cheese
1 x Tablespoon of salt
1 x Tablespoon of sugar
1. Pour out the flour and create a small well in the middle
2. Add the salt, sugar and yeast to the middle of the well
3. Pour in the tepid water, slowly, gradually pushing in the flour into the middle
4. Keep adding until the water is gone and then you can start kneading the dough
5. Once the dough is a smooth texture and pliable, it’s ready. If it’s not pliable, add a little more water and if it’s too loose and gluey, add more flour
6. Once you have the nice smooth dough, cut it in half and put it to one side. There’ll be enough for 8 slices from the first half of the dough
7. Dust down a flat work surface and roll out the dough, until it’s about 3-4 mm thick
8. Put some tin foil onto a flat baking tray and rub with olive oil
9. Cut out the 8 slices and place them on the foil.
10. Spread the tomato paste onto the pizzas and then split up the Mozzarella and place across the 8 pieces
11. Next, spread the rest of the ingredients onto the pizzas, evenly and then top with the grated cheese
12. Place in the oven at about 200 degrees and cook for about 12 minutes.
Easy homemade pizza and incredibly tasty.